Rhythm Kids Level 1 is geared for preschoolers (ages 4-5, with parent/caregiver) who may be ready to take their next musical step. The Level 1 curriculum borrows some songs and traditions from Music Together family classes, while adding in developmentally appropriate activities adapted from the Rhythm Kids Level 2 curriculum. In other words, we drum, sing, dance, play instruments, and begin to play music-based games! In Level 1 music and movement activities, children begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative as they make up their own drumming patterns, invent new ways to play rhythm instruments, create movement ideas for songs, and even take a drum solo!
The Rhythm Kids Level 1 family offering includes:
- 45-minute classes - 10 weeks
- 2 CDs, uniques to Level 1, with 18 songs
- 1 songbook, with in-home music and drumming ideas, plus parent education
- access to each collection's songs and activities in the online Family Music Zone
- access to (6) interactive online Rhythm Kids video tutorials - "Lessons with Tom"
Parents/caregivers are asked to stay and participate each week. Drums will be provided for the class each week, but if you’d like your child to have a drum to play with at home (and then continue to use in Level 2 classes!), please ask your teacher about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.